Elite: U-16 – U-19 (Coming Fall 2025)
Sandy Spring Soccer Club Team Programs
The Sandy Spring Soccer Club (SSSC) Elite program is designed for boys and girls between U-16 – U-19. At this point, players would have made a decision that soccer is the primary sport that they would like to play inorder to pursue opportunities in college and even post college. Players without previous playing experience at the competitive level, are not permitted to participate in this program. At the Elite program, players are required to master the SSSC Style of Play. Training sessions at this level will be more challenging as players will be coached by USSF “A” and “B” licensed coaches. Players in the Elite program play in various leagues that may even include travel to the Northeast (NY, NJ, PA) or Southeast states (NC, SC, GA). The leagues may range from the Club Champions League, Major League Soccer Next, the US Youth Soccer National League, or the Elite Club National League. Leagues will be determined based upon the skill level of the team.
In the Fall, players may option to play high school soccer and if we do not get the required number of players to play in the fall, then we will not play in the leagues. However, players will be required to participate in tournaments during the fall to keep in sync with their teammates as we prepare for the winter season.
Each season is 10 months long and runs for 3 terms (Fall, Winter, and Spring) from late August – Early July. In collaboration with 3 other local clubs, we are the host of the D.C. Cup, held during July 4th weekend, and it is mandatory that the elite level teams in competitive compete in the tournament.
Training and games are typically played at Sandy Spring Friends School soccer fields and the local Montgomery Parks and Recreation fields. Depending upon the level of the Competitive team, games are also played away at the competing clubs between Maryland, D.C., and Virginia. Competitive teams may also participate in local and regional soccer tournaments.
All Players who register with the SSSC Junior Academy will receive the following:
- Training from former college/professional coaches and United States Soccer Federation License Coaches.
- 3 practices a week
- 1 game a week (11 v 11) with Game Analysis
- 6 tournaments (travel and accommodations not included for out of town tournaments)
- SSSC Game Uniform (2 jerseys, 2 shorts, 2 socks, 1 jacket, 1 pants)
- SSSCC Training Uniform (2 training jerseys, 2 training shorts, 2 socks, 1 winter jacket) – Game and Training uniforms are issued every 2 years or if a player has grown out of their uniform.
- Players are registered with the Maryland Youth Soccer Association and insurance is included.
Age Group Program Descriptions?
U-16 and U-19
Preparing players to leave the club en route for professional or college soccer opportunities is the ultimate goal for players in the Elite program. Now, there may be some players who do not have aspirations to play in college, but are still good enough players to compete at the Elite level. Those players are welcomed to the club as well.
During the Elite program, players work with coaches who specialize in this age group. Coaches may be former or current college head or assistant coaches. We help those players who want to pursue opportunities in college by recommending them to our partner program, the NACTM Soccer Camps, which offer College ID programs in the MD, DC, and VA area.
- If withdrawing before the beginning of the 4th practice session, the player will receive a pro-rated refund minus a $75 cancellation fee.
- After the 4th practice session, there will be no refunds.
- Partial refunds will not be given for missed practices, games, or tournaments.