Here at the Sandy Spring Soccer Club (SSSC) we believe that no player should be denied entry of joining our club because of finances. We pride ourselves in being inclusive to all, so we are proud to be able to provide financial assistance to those in need.
Players seeking financial aid (also known as scholarships) to play in any of our programs must register online and indicate they are applying for financial aid. There is a process to demonstrate qualification for financial aid (see instructions below).
INSTRUCTIONS: When applying for financial aid, there are a few steps in the process to complete registration. You will be given the discount at the time of registration, but it will be pending in the system until you complete the following:
- You must fill out the Montgomery County Scholarship Form (English) (Spanish). The PDF is a fillable PDF form that can be edited on your computer/device, saved and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. NOTE: If opening the form on your computer, you should be able to view/edit by default with Adobe Reader. If you are opening the form on your phone, you can save it to google drive, and open/edit there to fill out, save and email back. If you are unable to edit the form, you can always print it out and mail it in to: Attention: Admin, Sandy Spring SC, PO Box 302, Sandy Spring, MD 20860.
- Provide proof of qualification (see below) by uploading an image (take a picture of the document or card) during online registration. This can be a photo taken of your child’s Medicaid ID, school’s free/reduced lunch letter, etc.
- Fees can be made online during registration by credit card, or by mail if paying check: Please make the check to Sandy Spring Soccer Club and send to: Attention: Admin, Sandy Spring Soccer Club, PO Box 302, Sandy Spring, MD 20860.
QUALIFICATION: To be eligible for financial aid (scholarship), players must qualify for or be currently receiving assistance from one or more of these programs (verification will be required):
- Free or Reduced School Lunch
- (TANF) Temporary Assistance for Needy Families
- Aid for Dependent Children, Foster Care
- Medicaid (Card must include Medicaid ID Number)
In order to qualify for financial aid, players must also:
- Be a resident of Montgomery or Prince George’s Counties.
- Enrolled in school (K-12th grade)
- Commit to attend a minimum of 80% of scheduled practices and games.
All applicants’ names and information will be held in strict confidence. To apply, we ask that you please complete an application and submit it fully completed with the required documentation and a $100 initial payment by check. This payment will be credited to fees once the scholarship committee has made a decision. Notification of financial awards will be sent via email through the player registration system.
Please allow 1-2 weeks for a determination and contact: email@example.com or 301-613-9065 for the application.
Required documents includes:
- Completed application
- 1040 tax forms for 3 previous years.
Completed applications should be sent to:
Sandy Spring Soccer Club
PO Box 302
Sandy Spring, MD 20860
The next steps:
Once an offer on behalf of the club has been submitted to the prospective scholarshipped player, then the player has 1 week to accept. If the is offered and accepts a full scholarship offer, then he or she will be onboarded into the club. If a player receives a partial scholarship, then he or she will be on a scheduled monthly payment plan less the $100 initial deposit. So for example, if to join the club the cost is $1,200/annually and the player receives a $600 scholarship then the player’s responsibility will be $600. Of that $600, $100 will be credited to lower the amount to $500. The parent will then be subject to the following payment schedule:
1st Installment – $200
Installments 2-9 – $38/month
The monthly payment plan option will be the only option when accepting the scholarship and roster spot. Each payment is due on the 1st of the month, and considered late by the 10th of the month and subject to a $25 late fee:
Payments must be made by credit card. However, if you need to pay by check, you must contact the office at 301-613-9065 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
A $35 processing fee will be charged for all returned checks.